Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M86\M84\NGC4388\NGC4402 etc - Help !!

Well here is my M86\M84\NGC4388\NGC4402 etc attempt, it was rather windy which did not help as you can see, kit used is in signature, cores of both M86\M84 are pretty much gone, how on earth do I process this so I can get the detail without ruining the image.

The tif is here if anyone feels like a challenge (its a 12mb file)

FileSwap.com : M86 Master for SG.tif download free

Lights 300 x 30

Darks 300 x 15

Flats x 20

Thanks for looking and or having a go.

Regards

John B

post-17074-133877596571_thumb.jpg

Not on my photoshop machine atm so I can't have a go, but I can tell you that the cores of M86/M84 aren't gone, they're supposed to look like that! Almost all elliptical galaxies look like fuzzy balls :D.

Tony..

Hey John, I had a quick bash at this as I wait for my own images to come.

Nice image you have there, with some very nice detail.

I used PisInsight to process it (The more I use this program the less and less I use photoshop) Was this image cropped, there seemed to be a strange gradient up the top right corner. I am not sure what was causing it.

post-19471-133877597264_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that, no did nothing with it, capture night was very windy with large gusts which did not help, i will try PixInsight myself I think lots of folk really like it.

Thanks again

John B

Excellent data set, the colour was almost bang on very little adjustments in that respect.

Processed in Photoshop: Curves, levels, selective ( by layers) noise reduction and sharpening with noiseware pro and a few of noels tools

(increase star colour and selective colour blotch reduction)

Thanks for the opportunity to play.:D

Mike.

yfronto-albums-not-mine-picture10975-m86-master-sg.jpg

Wow thansk so much. Overall I think im getting better but do have issues !!, this particualar session was difficult as is was very windy as my PHD graph was showing me. On a good night after taking time setting up and a decent polar aglinment, 2 star alingment i can get 10 min subs and they are ok (stars in the centre are good and at the edges they get blotchy, this is consistent and im informed thats coma) probably think my biggest issue is a plan and data time, I really need to dedicated several sessions to the same target but I always end up jumping around, my plan now is to be harsh and devote my next 4 sessions to M63 (sunflower) which will give me some 12 hours worth of data.

Regards

John B

my plan now is to be harsh and devote my next 4 sessions to M63 (sunflower) which will give me some 12 hours worth of data.

Regards

John B

Sounds like a very good plan, the more time at the scope collecting data the better the end result.:D

Mike.

Archived