NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Imaging with 200P on Heq5?

Hello i intend to start imaging Guided with my 200p im just wandering if anyone else has managed sucessfully with the same kind of weight on the heq5, The mount will have 200p, st-80, piggyback bar, dslr, and synguider. I know its a bit heavy but wander if i will get away with it?

Ahh on second thoughts I have access to a lathe I will just make an extension piece of bar that's screws in where the end plug goes, will need to find out what the thread size is though.

I wouldn't as you are placing the load on junction between the two bars. If you have access to a lathe then make up a new bar as one solid unit.

I understand what you mean, Im fairly confident the extension bar will screw in soild and be flush with the original one, im an engineer with pretty decent lathe skills so shouldnt be too difficult. The reason i dont want a long one is my mount head may not fit inside the case.

Archived