Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Why can't I hear PHD clang

Freff

Another frustrating night last night. I was set up by 22.00 and everything was running fine. No clouds just a faint mist, so i aimed high and went for M81.

Everything set ok for the 25x360sec subs with PHD ticking away nicely and APT showing M81 square in the centre. A quick look outside to check the skies and mount, all ok.

With all ok I decided to watch a movie with my beloved with the confidence that PHD would let me know if all was not well.

At 23.45 I went to make a coffee and had a quick look to see what frame I was on. I was a bit surprised to see PHD flashing away and tracking lost. The skies were full off clouds.

I could not understand why PHD had not audibly warned me of the lost tracking. I had minimised APT so PHD was on top. My audio system is working ok, and as PHD lost tracking function is auto I assume there is no settings to worry about.

In am at a loss to the reason why this has failed. If anyone could help I’d be very grateful. Many thanks.

Apparently, audio alert was implemented after v1.6. Unfortunately I can't get my QHY5 to work with versions after 1.2. This means I got to watch the darn thing or keep checking on it. :D

Archived