NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Toucams and Vista

Hmmmmm could be me or could be a problem.

Messing with a computer which is running the new Windows Vista.

Can't for the life of me get either of my Toucams to run.

Vista says it can't find/install a driver.

I read somewhere that the new Toucam 111 won't work but haven't got one

to confirm this. :?

Anyway, has anybody got a Toucam working on a Vista machine or knows

of anybody who has?

Also can't get Starry night 5 download edition to install but not hacked around with

that yet.

Will be trying a few more of my favourites to see if Vista spits them out.

The Sky 6 works ok :rolleyes:

I was talking to he I.T. guys at work about Vista and they told me to hang fire due to the driver issues....I think it's the usual Microsoft thing..

Vista service pack 1 will be along in a min...

Oh come on now it aint M$ fault if third party companies dont write drivers.

Quite right too...

We have tried quite a few bits and bobs and when you go to the manufactures web sites for drivers

it's amazing how many don't even mention Vista.

Been on MSI and D-Link for instance for bluetooth and wireless dongle drivers and it was a nightmare getting

stuff sorted out.

I'm sure it will sort out eventually but you would think that there has been enough time to get drivers written.

Yes there are huge issues at the moment with vista in that software and hardware companies have yet to build correctly for their items to work. Some of vista still operates on a 16 bit issue when you think its the new almighty yet it still uses the old 3.1 font setup it does make you wonder. Like any MS product, I tend not to touch for at least a year just so they get all the bugs sorted.

With the printer, have you tried not installing any disk that came with it and just plugging it in? seems to be a fix for some.

Archived