Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Improved Saturn

hayju01

Hi h01.....everytime you're out there you'll improve if you look at each time as a learning game.....your image shows promise:icon_salut::) but I reckon first you should get a handle on saving it at a reasonable scale for posting on the forum.....

I don't know what you use to do this but SGL is pretty generous with filesizes.....you've saved it as a jpg but I reckon you could make your image quite a bit larger than the 9.6kB you've used.....if you use photoshop try scaling up the image size by (say) 50-100% larger and posting ("image" > "image size" in p/shop and then change the dimensions in pixels to % in the dropdown menu therein.....and use the bottom dropdown menu to choose the appropriate method recommended there also before hitting "OK")

Hope this doesn't sound negative (which it isn't intended to) but it's pretty hard trying to look at really tiny images.....:(

You have managed to capture a bit of detail Justin, which is a great start.

It is hard to give advice though without some capture details.

Eg. Your image is a little soft, this could be from things like poor seeing, poor focus, lack of scale at capture time, or too few frames at capture time (to name a few). So a brief description of conditions and kit used, as well as processing techniques is very helpful.

This image seems to be Mono? If so can I ask why?

here are some details

seeing - was pretty good

focus - thats the best focus i can get through my webcam

scale - see below

frames - 2830 in total avi (not sure how many after RegiStax)

Kit - 90mm Konus and SPC900 via SharpCap then Registax

mono - not sure may have mono'd it in CS5

post-24560-133877566389_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the advice feel like I'm getting some great support here :-)

Archived