Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

RA Lock Loose on NEQ6 ?

Hi

I accidently bumped into the mount the other day and i was surprised when the RA axis moved. I was always under the impression that with everything tighten there shouldn’t be any movement but with the lock tight i can still with some weight move it.

I'm wondering if this is why I can’t seem to nail down my drift alignment.

Anybody else had this and is there something i can tighten?

Thanks

J

Yeah even with the clutches locked as tight as I dare on my HEQ5, I can still move it if a try. It needs a good try, though. It would need a good knock/bump to move it.

I suspect there will be a way to adjust the clutches but I'm not sure. Best thing to do is to avoid bumping in to it :(:)

Unsure about the EQ6, but I have known on one EQ3 that the locking nut did not

go far enough into the mount to grip the centre.

Is it a case that the bolt may not be long enough. If so, a well greased spacer placed

in the opening ahead of the bolt may do the trick (hope that makes sense)

I had this, just remove the little black handle by undoing the small screw. Then adjust the brass screw underneath. I tightened mine slightly so that when the black handle was put back it could be tightened properly or losened to allow balancing of the scope.

Go on! Have a play! You'll be taking it all apart and regreasing the entire mount before you know it.

Nooo not that brass thingy the other one...the brass worm gear..big thing..lots of teeth.

I left a smear of grease on mine all the way around, where the clutch locks onto it, when i put the mount back together then read that that was not a great idea if you wanted the brass clutch button to grip properly to it.

Best way to learn these things is muck it up for yourself!

Archived