Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DIY 2" Filter Attachment for Newtonian

gfletcher

Hi Guys

I am now able to attach a 2" LPF (or any other 2" fillter) to my 250Px for observing and imaging purpose.

I have araldited a 52mm-48mm stepper ring (thanks geppetto) to the rear face of the 1.25" eyepiece adaptor.

The 2" LPF (thanks little Col) simplt screws into the stepper ring thread.

Luckily, the O/D of thr stepper ring and 2" filter is less than the O/D of the flared flange of the eyepiece adaptor so no problems in that respect icon_thumright.gif

cheers

Graham

• 1 month later...

Agreed. A stepdown ring is an excellent solution thanks for sharing.

I'm currently using bluetack to hold mine to my Celestron C8 Newt EP holder. Hopefully the bluetack will cushion the damage as the LPF hits the main mirror! :D

Anyone recomend a UK supplier. Fleabay only shows US or Chinese suppliers. Nice and cheap but 2 or 3 week wait.

Black 52mm to 48mm 52mm-48mm Step Down Filter Ring on eBay (end time 04-May-10 06:59:28 BST)

cheers

John

Agreed. A stepdown ring is an excellent solution thanks for sharing.

I'm currently using bluetack to hold mine to my Celestron C8 Newt EP holder. Hopefully the bluetack will cushion the damage as the LPF hits the main mirror! :D

Anyone recomend a UK supplier. Fleabay only shows US or Chinese suppliers. Nice and cheap but 2 or 3 week wait.

Black 52mm to 48mm 52mm-48mm Step Down Filter Ring on eBay (end time 04-May-10 06:59:28 BST)

cheers

John

I have used these in the past - very reliable and prices not bad.

Camera Accessories,Digiscoping,scopes,binoculars

eg

Stepping Ring

excellent mod by the way!

Archived