Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron 130SLT Eyepiece projection problems

So I bought a couple of new accessories for my telescope, one of which being an eyepiece projection adapter. It arrived in the post, I opened it and when I put my 25mm eyepiece in, it wouldn't go all the way throgh because the plastic was thicker than the metal. I put my 9mm in and it looked fine. But when I decide to hook it up to my camera, the 25mm would just be a big blur, even when it was in focus, and when I put the 9mm in, it wouldn't focus at all. Is there something that I'm doing wrong or has my telescope just not got a big enough focal length? HELP!

This is the adapter I used. I bought it off of ebay. You can find it here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adapter-T2-Telescope-Camera-Eyepiece-Projection-Prime-Focus-Photo-DKA4-/380919232693?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Is thee adapter itself the problem??

post-41281-0-63690500-1444126919_thumb.j

I never had much success with ep projection. Even using a better variable ep projection adapter, such as the the Meade version, the quality of the image was not that good. Short focal length eyepieces (9mm) are not really suitable for this method of imaging and unless you use a quality eyepiece the field curvature of the the image will produce an acceptably sharp image at the centre with focus falling off towards the edge.  A better option for you would be to unscrew the nose piece, which has a t thread, and attach this to a normal t-ring and shoot at prime focus. You might also need a barlow lens to get the telescope to reach focus but the end results should be better.

Archived