Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

what price for a used dslr

Dslr cameras and certainly Canon seem to be popular for astro but what is a fIr price to pay for the various models on the used market.

For example a 1000d body only in decent condition (lets assume the condition is ok) is worth what?

450d is very popular but what is the range for one of these.

Any ideas guys?

Hi,

I had the 1000d but now have the 1100d

The prices for them, body only do vary but I paid £125 for my 1100d with the stock lens, then another £90 to have it astro modded.

There is a shop on eBay that deals with just used DSLR and is very very reasonable in price, they are the bodies only and come with all you need, apart from the lens, and a warranty, they have the 1000d, 1100d and the 450d on there and you can get a very good one with a fairly low shutter count for a little over £100.

Here is a link to one of there cameras on eBay for under £100 check out the rest that they sell too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Canon-EOS-450D-Digital-SLR-Camera-Body-Battery-Charger-Free-UK-Post-/391160091051?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5b12f551ab

The 450d is one of the most popular, even though it is a bit older, the 1000d was a budget version of the 450 and the 1100d is slightly better that them both, more sensitive, and higher resolution, the 1000d is 10.2 megapixel and the 1100d and 450d are 12.2 megapixel.

Hope that helps a little

:)

AB

Astro modded DLSR's are as cheap as chips for what you get now days :)

Only a few years ago I paid about 180 quid for a modded 350D which was about right at the time. Now days you can get them for about 70 - 80 pounds!

Thanks guys

So what would you opt for:

450d body only which does not work with sd cards etc (so will run from pc only) and no extras at all (no battery, cables etc)

Or

1000d with 20-80mm lens, working with all accessories for £100

This will be based in an observatory and run from laptop.

Why would you choose the option?

Hi,

I would go for the 1000d, as you could always sell the lens and recoup some of the £100 and you will always have the option then of using without a PC in the future.

Also if you went for the cheaper one and decided to have it astro modded, and then wanted to,use without a PC you may regret it..

Regards

AB

Archived