SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Canon Err 20

My 5d MkII has just come up with the Err 20 error.  The message tells you to switch the camera off and on again but the error remains. Has anyone got experience of this error and how much did it cost to get the camera repaired. From the internet it appears that the error code is related to either the mirror or shutter (I can hear a feint knocking/clicking sound from the camera after it has been switched on) so I guess this could be expensive.

When I modded my old 1000D I ended up with Err 20. It was a cable that was lose, and when consulting a retired camera repair-man, he told me that the fault can be just about anything. If this came out of the blue I would give it to someone who is comfortable with repairing Canons and have him tear it apart and put it back together again...

/per

try reading around this site,link is for similar error

http://forum.mflenses.com/error-30-eos-5dmkii-t41977,highlight,%2Berror+%2B20.html

hope you can find a fix

I found that info when I was researching the error. The main problem with these "fixes" is that the error message is a catch all mechanical fault (mirror or shutter) and as I can't access any of the menus when the camera is switched on I can't do any of the suggestions, even removing both batteries overnight didn't solve it. 

Archived