Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tak Erfles arrived

Hi All

My pair of the new 28mm Tak Erfles arrived and I put them to use yesterday, I'm delighted with them.

I have been using a pair of 32mm Tak Abbe Orthos and realy liked the comfortable view, no eye strain at all, snap to focus and sharp. 

The 28mm Erfles have all the same qualities with a slighly higer magnification and slightly reduced eye relief, both are what I wanted.

I can reach focus at all 3 positions / magnifications of the power x switch, the eyepieces are slim and make no demands on IPD. 

I wont attempt a review as I am not a discriminating viewer, just to say I consider them money well spent.

Photos from yesterday at home in Serbia.

Best Regards 

Carl

post-4653-0-99132700-1430824363_thumb.jp

post-4653-0-25655900-1430824380_thumb.jp

post-4653-0-54136900-1430825032_thumb.jp

Looks good to me. I was going to go down the road of binoviewers about two and half years ago, hunted down two 24mm Panoptics when I was in England and forgot to get the binoviewer. Plans have changed now, though I bet if I had a look through one I would want one.

Alan.

Nice looking set Carl, looking forward to your first light review.

My Tak 25mm Abbe ortho pair work very well to my eyes too, very slight vignetting in daylight viewing only, snapp into focus even in f10 C8 just like that. :smiley:

Archived