NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How to take Pictures through Telescope?

Hey, so I have a Celestron Powerseeker 50AZ which is just a beginner's scope. I wanted to take pictures or record some stuff, like the moon, etc.

I know my telescope isn't very special and so I thought that it wouldn't be possible, but I just saw this video of someone recording the moon through the Celestron Powerseeker 50AZ:

Try using a phone camera held at the eyepiece (Afocal), you can get some nice pictures that way...its how I started down the slippery slope into imaging! good luck!

Haha, I tried using my iPad a few weeks back to take images, it was so annoying aligning the camera, perhaps an iPhone will be easier due to its size.

I still don't have a phone since I'm young but I will definitely ask my sister to use her spare iPhone to go out and test some pictures on the moon. Thanks for the advice.  :grin:

Ilovespace (what is your real name?), that image is a star trail, not taken using a telescope, just a camera and a tripod; I'd written a guide on how to take them for my local astronomical society:

This is a particularly long star trail, about 9.5 hours, but you can get great results with just half an hour.

James

star-trailsnas.pdf

Archived