Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can't get Astro Tortilla to plate solve

almcl

I am not having much luck using Astro Tortilla to plate solve.

The first time I used it, it worked fine but since the arrival of a Canon 700D, I can't get it to solve at all.  I've set the fields to 0.85° min and 1.28° max, downloaded the extra index files for this fov, tried changing sigma to 50, 70 and 90, set objs to 100 (all as per Light Vortex Astronomy's tutorial) but the only difference is that it now fails to solve in a second or two instead of sevral minutes minutes.

Could some kind soul take a look at the admittedly pretty poor image attached (which should be somewhere near NGC1275 in Perseus) and give me a hint either as to where it is, or as to how to configure AT to give me this info?

The Canon is attached to the SW200P, and I am not using AT to control, just to look at captured  and stacked images afterwards. 

post-38153-0-10893800-1423859345_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Yeah, that looks way too noisy. I find AT can be a bit temperamental when trying to solve saved images. If you have a single jpg sub, use that. Try setting the min value to 0 and the search radius to 180 deg.

I'd say NGC1275 isn't likely to show up with the kit you have. I can't say as I recognise the star field.....

Louise

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the image in terms of star detection, and hence no problem solving it. I saved it locally as x.jpg and ran it through my installation of astrometry.net with image width set to 0.5 to 1.5°. Below is the result, including which index file it used.

/per

post-9361-0-58564000-1424590610.png

Archived