Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Moon 26 January 2015 - An RGB colour image

Bizibilder

The sky was clear and I finally had time to try an RGB image of the moon.  So 49.8 Gb of data later I had collected enough to make this image.  I did make a few mistakes but - live and learn!

The first was to process all the .avi's in AS2 and then do a R-L deconvolution on each one (three colours, five panes each) and I then stitched each of the three colour mosaics together.  First mistake!  When I tried to combine the RGB channels I could not get the whole image aligned as the mosaic process has allowed some very slight mis-alignment between panes, only a pixel or two but enough to prevent alignment over the whole image.

So start again and this time make each pane into an RGB image on its own and finally stitch the colour panes together - That worked and is what you see here.

Kit:  ED120 APO, AS120MM mono camera, RGB filters in a manual filter wheel, EQ6 and a couple of evenings!!

Small JPEG:

26%20January%202015%20Moon%20RGB.jpg

Full size image:

get.jpg

That's a wonderful shot Roger and the effort put in to this scares me.

I have toyed with the idea and decided 60 avis, a wibbly wobbly scope and mount which will like cause movement between filter changes and then combining the lot is far too much to handle and I'd be better off with a colour cam. :D

That said the result you have has worked out quite well, definite colouration there.

Archived