Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New to Widefield

Here is a link (hopefully) to some images that I took back in Sept.

Taken at Tregantle Fort in Cornwall.  Shot using Nikon D7100 and SIgma 10-20 lens at f 4.5 and ISO 1600.  All 30s exposures.

They are single images and have had no post processing done to them at all (despite me having PS, I haven't a clue what to do with them....a bewildering amount of tutorials out there)

Tregantle Widefield

One aim was to stack some of these (have multiple images) and then using a mask, just add in the foreground bits on some.  I did want to take one of the whole fort, but the LP from Plymouth was blotting out the sky like crazy, as can be seen in one of the images.

Anyway, please enjoy and any hints and tips are greatly received.

Am off to deepest darkest Kernow again this weekend, so am hoping it may be clear for a brief while...but not going to hold my breath on that one.

Nice start. Tregantle Fort is on Whitsand bay isn't it?

For single exposures you might want to try your lens wide open and up the exposure time a bit. It can be a case of trading a bit of image quality (coma) and star trailing for a deeper exposure. At 10mm you should be able to push it longer than 30 seconds, although you may need to use bulb mode and an intervalometer (about £15 off Amazon). A darker sky will really help, Whitsand Bay is very close to Plymouth.

Thanks for the pointers

Have cable release with lockable switch so can lock shutter open and time it off my phone.

Yeah Tregantle us just by Whitsand so is a bit blighted by Plymouth but they were the clearest skies I had seen for a long time with all my imaging being done from my back garden here in Plymouth. Really should try and get myself up onto the moor when it's a bit clearer

Just discovered this one while clicking through my pictures on Photobucket

th_DSC_0062.jpg

Haven't a clue what the objects are in the picture.  Will try and dig out the original and grab the meta data off that and see if I can work back and see what they are.....

Archived