Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Any negative points for an 8 inch Dob?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is everyone's opinion of the Revelation 8'? Are they a good brand? As pointed out earlier, you get more accessories (which are actually usable) but should I stick with the 'trusted' Skywatcher?

Never heard of Revelation so opinions are appreciated.

The scope in question is here: http://www.telescopehouse.com/acatalog/Revelation-8---F-6-M-CRF-Premium-Dobsonian--White--2.html

Ordered the 8' Rev from Telescope House this morning and was told it should be here on Wednesday. However, I received the courier tracking email and delivery is stated as Tuesday! Winner!

Thanks for everyone's comments and recommendations. Will post a thread when unpacking and after I get it under the stars.

Mark

Ordered the 8' Rev from Telescope House this morning and was told it should be here on Wednesday. However, I received the courier tracking email and delivery is stated as Tuesday! Winner!

Thanks for everyone's comments and recommendations. Will post a thread when unpacking and after I get it under the stars.

Mark

All that likely means is one box will arrive Tuesday and the second box on Wednesday. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

The Rev Dob has arrived and I couldn't wait to put it together. I will draft a proper thread of the unboxing but wanted to share a few quick pictures of her. Was ordered and delivered from Telescope House in no time at all.

The focuser and finderscope are both massive and the whole thing feels of really good quality. Not bad for less than £300.

Mark

post-35333-0-99841300-1411501548_thumb.j

post-35333-0-04122300-1411502045_thumb.j

Archived