NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Vixen NPL opinions pls

I got a 30mm NPL as one of my first eyepieces for it's nice wide view. I like it, and the eye relief isn't too bad - but I gather that this can be a problem on some of the shorter focal length ones. It is my most used eyepiece.

(The 28mm Maxvision I have serves a similar role, and is much better, but doesn't fit in my small scope)

The eyepiece itself feels a bit plasticky, but works well enough, and was pretty inexpensive compared to other options.

The npl would be a nice improvement on the bundled eyepiece's. As Andy has pointed out eye relief will reduce with smaller focal lengths but if you are OK with the 10 mm supplied with the scope you should be OK with a 10 mm npl. To maintain reasonable eye relief and get shorter focal length's you can use a barlow, I have found this one is very good for the money :smiley: 

http://www.telescopehouse.com/acatalog/Revelation_Astro_2_5x_Barlow_Lens.html      

Me too with the 30mm NPL. Really good view for not much outlay, eye relief etc is fine. I have no experience of the higher - £££ - end ep's (sigh....one day...) but for my budget I'm more than satisfied. My most go-to ep, partners well with my 3x Televue barlow. Just ordered a NPL 20mm from FLO and am hoping I'll like that as much.

Archived