Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SH2-101, HaRGB

lensman57

Hi,

Taken last night as part of my NB-RGB learning curve. Very noisy and with short integration time. The seeing was steady but the transparency was very poor.

The poor 314L+ really struggled to cool the chip below  -8C as last night was really warm. ( Atiks now show their cooling limitations )

WO Megrez 72 @F4.8, Atik 314L+, Baader Ha and Astronomik Type 2C RGB filters, HEQ5 and PHD, Processed in PI and PS. Ha was added to the RED channel and then as Lum.

4X600s of Ha ( Baader 7NM )

10X 400s of RED Binned 2x2

7X400s of  GREEN Binned 2x2

8X 400s of Blue Binned 2x2

Hope that you approve, BTW I had to really plan how get to this target using the SynScan handset as it is not in the SynScan's target library  or it is hidden from me and this is one really dim target. :embarassed:

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-26600600-1406222715_thumb.p

Saraank

One of my favourite objects - Nice. As already said though, this is definitely showing a little bright here for me.

Thank you both Paul and Sara, you are both correct it is a little bright. I foolishly processed it this afternoon in the glaring sunshine so the contrast is off. Will do a reprocess as soon as I recover from this one. Here it is with just a quick curves in PS.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-26957200-1406235035_thumb.p

Archived