Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon 1100d vs 1200d vs 100d

MooMoo

Hi

I currently have a 1100d, which is great, however I was reviewing the 1200d and it looks... rubbish really.. then I looked at the 100d and it is far better than the 1200d in many regards.

Has anybody compared the 1100d and 100d for astro?

Does the 100d have any things the 1100d has, SO far i see DIGI V processor and cleaner higher ISO, smaller body, and 18mp vs 12mp.

Think its worth upgrading the 100d for mostly travelling convience and keeping the 1100d for...well. a spare :)

I have a collection of EF prime lenses that I dont want to waste but I keep looking at Canon falling behind to insignifigance compared to Nikon, Pentax, Fuji and Sony with regards to pushing down new technology sooner to entry models.

100D is temping though.

Thanks, I already just read that :) lol

SO far my only take away negatively on the 100d is the low battery life due to it being smaller. However the higher ISO perforamnce on the DIGIC V process vs the 1200d DIGIC IV joke is very very tempting. Clean 1600 ISO images vs 800 ISO images of DIGIC IV on 1100d (and probably similar on the 1200d).

Their point shoots are getting DIGIC VI's.

Anybody got a review of the 100d with regards to astro use?

http://www.digicamdb.com/compare/canon_eos-rebel-t3-vs-canon_eos-rebel-sl1/

Not astro use but basic camera differences including pixel density.

There is a site that list sensor performance more astro geared info but it is on my desktop.

Thanks good info.

I am primarely interested in the 100D for its use of the DIGIC V for higher cleaner ISO really, the increased pixel density and resolution is nice bonus.

I wonder if there are good high capacity batteries that can bring it up to the 1100D or near capacity though.

The 1200D looks like an April fools joke.

The 100D is essentially a 600D (which is popular for AP so I see from here), but in a smaller, lighter, more compact but less robust body. Great camera, but personally I don't like it - but only on a physical basis, I don't like the actual body. In terms of what it actually does it's a lovely camera.

It has the Digic 5 over the 4 you got in a 600D as well, so that's an upgrade.

However if it were me, I would probably go with the 700D. I would prefer the articulated screen over touch, both have 9 AF points but the 700D is is all cross type. Both have the Digic 5 and 18mp CMOS, but it is largely on a how-it-feels-in-my-hands basis. 700D also has better movie capabilities - if you want to use it for that at all.

You are right though, 1200D is not impressive at all, bit of a let down there really!

So the 100D will be better than the 1100D (and the 1200D - lol), but I wouldn't say that to go from the 1100D to the 100D is enough of an upgrade to warrant the money, but that's a personal opinion :)

Hope this helps!

Jordy

• 4 months later...

I will buy now a Eos camera and i doubt about the 1100 and the 1200. 1100 is cheaper than the 1200 and the other models like 100D ...600...700 are imposible because the budget is limited.

is worth expend a little more money and choose the 1200 or 1100 is enough ?? it has  more interesting features ?

i will buy a 1100 this week, because are cheap now ( 350 euros)

thanks!

Only you know if the price difference is too much between the two cameras.

If you are going to use the camera for nightime use then the flip screen on the 600 I read is very handy to be able to turn and see.

I have connected my 1100d to my tablet (well had until Google broke the ability) and that gave me a big screen but not all tablets can connect so this cannot be relied on to work for everyone.

Archived