Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

C11 Visual back 3.25"

Tinker1947

E-mail FLO with a question about stocking the 3.25" visual back with the built in Click-Lock, prompt reply from Martin, its not on out stock list but i do have one on my desk, so i was given the option to buy it and took this up it arrived today having been ordered yesterday along with a Moonlite 2" SCT extention..

DSC_0004.jpg

The Visual back with the Moonlite thread sticking out....

DSC_0007.jpg

So having already purchased the straight 2" Click Lock and the 2" DiElectric Diaganal Click Lock these are the configuration that they allow, also there's no more winding threads together in the cold and dark its all done with a small lever.....

Normal viewing 

DSC_0009.jpg

Swap to DSLR the T-ring has a straight extension added...

DSC_0013.jpg

Add the Celestron 6.3 FR with the Moonlite 2" SCT adapter screwed in and the straight 2" Click Lock in the EP end...

DSC_0012.jpg

Swap the DSLR for a EP

DSC_0011.jpg

That's about it no scewing about in the dark all done at the flick of a lever....

.That last picture is really interesting - is that a celestron reducer before the 2" diagonal? Does that mean you are getting a wider field of view than the normal 2"? What I've read is that it vignettes - if it works I am very interested!!

thanks for posting.

ian

.That last picture is really interesting - is that a celestron reducer before the 2" diagonal? Does that mean you are getting a wider field of view than the normal 2"? What I've read is that it vignettes - if it works I am very interested!!

thanks for posting.

ian

Take a look at this thread,,,,,,

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/205755-c11-betelgeuse/

I think just from your photos I prefer that to my Moonlite which only adds length to the already long focal length. I might try to get one.

Alan.

Baader Part number 2956233

This is for the C11 - C14 different number for the C8 and C9.25

I think just from your photos I prefer that to my Moonlite which only adds length to the already long focal length. I might try to get one.

Hi Alan,

If you are into DSO astrophotography, ie long exposures, I would stick with the Moonlite as you dont want to be moving the mirror while focusing as you will be open to mirror flop during long exposures. the baader click lock is brilliant for visual and planetary use a friend of mine uses one Si@nite on this forum and he swears by them!

Archived