SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mobile Observatory Android App

Joguj

Dont know if this has been mentioned before but I've been trying out Mobile Observatory by Wolfgang Zima - £3.99 on the play store.

I've tried plenty of astro apps but really like the way this one works. Very informative with lots of ways to find what is viewable. Especially like the solar system top down view for visualising comet positions. Ignore the German demo video and screens on the store (unless you speak German of course) all app text is English. Worth a punt.

Had a bit more of a play with this and more and more impressed. Very handy to browse objects and then let the app show you future events/conjunctions. It will then export any events you choose to your android calendar.

I think the app is well worth paying £4 for. I'll get a lot of use out of it and the author has clearly put a lot of effort into it.

Yes your right i should pay for it i just do this to try them out first i know if you dont like them you can get your money back but i find this easier if i like it i uninstall then go on Google play and buy if not i just uninstall, i have had a play with it but i like Google sky, much easier to to use so i just uninstalled it.

I use mobile observatory all the time (yes I did pay for it!), I think it's brilliant and well worth the cost. The sky map is better to use than Google's imo, but there's lots of other stuff like tables and graphs of object visibility, info about objects, etc. I don't use it when out with the scope as I prefer paper maps, but it's great for answering questions like what time to view planets, timing of moon phases, etc.

I like it!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring an old topic up but I downloaded this at the weekend and it appears that Live View does not work. Currently using a Nexus 5 on the latest android software Marshmallow. Thought it would be best to warn anyone else before making a purchase. I'm emailed the developer but still waiting for a reply.

Strange, it works perfectly well on my Nexus 6P on Marshmallow.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

When you first installed it, did you have to activate anything for Live View to work? I've installed GPS Status and my accelerometer and GPS are working correctly. I actually like the application alot but if I can't get Live View to work then I certainly will be asking for a refund.

Archived