Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Reprocess of M31 - 1100D with 200mm lens

Gina

Taken on 5/12/2012 this is the result of reprocessing 100 lights of M31 of 30s at ISO 1600 and 9C stacked in DSS with 27 darks and processed in PS. Cropped and resized then saved as PNG for upload here.

post-13131-0-08742400-1358890559_thumb.p

Lots of detail for 30 sec subs, dust lanes on show! which 200mm lens was this Gina? The focus looks a tad soft but I know how hard these lenses are to get the focus spot on!

Yes, it was - forgot to say that. I think it was a Vivitar used wide open at f3.5 or possibly at f5.6 - can't remember now though should be in the original post. It's also cropped to about half size so that makes it fuzzier. Actually to 53% in the x-axis and 66% in the y-axis. This lens shows a fair bit of CA used this way.

The uncropped image looks great, lots of details and colors. :) Too bad the focus was a tiny bit off though. It's a real pain to focus these lenses indeed. Not to mention refocus them if temperature changes.. >_<

The uncropped image looks great, lots of details and colors. :) Too bad the focus was a tiny bit off though. It's a real pain to focus these lenses indeed. Not to mention refocus them if temperature changes.. >_<

Thank you :) I'm working on remote electric focussing using a motor/gearbox with timing belt drive to the focussing sleeve.

Archived