Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IKHAROS IK-RC10CFT 10" F8 CF Truss Tube Ritchey Chretien by astro.phad

r3i

I wonder if Ian KIng ever goes under the name of Father Christmas or Santa Claus?

Yes, he does.....he's bringing me a shiny new GSO 12 inch Ritchey Chretien for Christmas :)

I'd considered getting one of these 10 inch truss RC's....they've got GSO optics but everything else is made in the UK. I decided against in the end for 2 reasons.

1. I wanted a slightly longer FL

2. With an open tube design there are a lot more potential problems with dew.

Cheers

Rob

Yes, he does.....he's bringing me a shiny new GSO 12 inch Ritchey Chretien for Christmas :)

Nice one Rob. :) Please let us all know what it's like.

I've really enjoyed using my more modest 8" RC.

It would be interesting to know how this new truss based scope compares with the more conventional 10" that has been fully built by GSO.

I take the point about the dew issue. That is a major problem for me in my locality even with a solid tube - I've had to fit straps to both primary and secondary mirrors because I was on occasions getting dew forming on both mirrors even with a dew shield fitted.

Nice one Rob. :) Please let us all know what it's like.

I take the point about the dew issue. That is a major problem for me in my locality even with a solid tube - I've had to fit straps to both primary and secondary mirrors because I was on occasions getting dew forming on both mirrors even with a dew shield fitted.

I assume that by the summer the cloud effect that I cause by getting the new scope will have dissipated and I may have had enough time with it to write a review :)

Re. dew bands....how have you applied them? I'm assuming I'll have to do the same and would be interested to hear what you've done.

Cheers

Rob

Re. dew bands....how have you applied them? I'm assuming I'll have to do the same and would be interested to hear what you've done.

The one for the primary has simply been wrapped round the outside of the tube in the same way that you would for an SCT corrector plate.

For the secondary, I've wrapped one round the outside of it:

post-17860-133877704854_thumb.jpg

It increases the central obstruction but it's better than having a dewed up secondary. However, Kendrick are developing specific heaters for the secondaries on GSO RC scopes and according to their home page, they are due soon.

• 3 months later...

I've been using Ian King's 10 inch RC for a couple of weeks now, and it's excellent.

One of the first things I noticed was that focus seems to stay put for most of the evening, more like a small refractor than a reflector or large frac.

Images taken with it to come but at the moment I'm catching up on my sleep after the long run of clear nights!!

Rob

• 3 months later...

Archived