Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Simple mod for those with a Giro type mount

Moonshane

Hi all

I have a single arm Giro and as I don't like always grabbing the diagonal to move the scope around I wanted a more usable option. I thought about it for a few minutes and came up with this. I already have lots of spare bits of plywood so out of 12mm ply I cut this out freehand with a jigsaw and then sanded smooth etc. Drilled a hole and then used a hand wheel to hold in place. Works really well and seems to make for a much smoother and easier to handle set-up.

This could be done in different ways if you have e.g. the two arm type Giro but thought I'd mention this in case it will help anyone. Might paint it black to match the scope, silver to match the Giro or even just stain with Danish Oil to match the tripod.

Cheers

Shane

post-17776-133877683947_thumb.jpg

post-17776-133877683953_thumb.jpg

post-17776-133877683959_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 10 years later...
On 25/10/2011 at 17:03, Moonshane said:

my wife thought I'd been on the sauce again, making spoons in the back garden......

You would definitely had been on the sauce especially making spoons with holes in.

Excellent idea though. Food for thought when i get an AZ mount