Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Scope Buggy & Power Supply

Coco

Well the scope buggy has had its first real usage, it works like a charm! since the MN190 arrived I've had to leave my obs due to its size, I'm now wheeling it out of the garage and onto a pre-set position with 3 shallow holes (dents) drilled into the block paving... wife hasn't noticed but my 11 year old daughter got a pocket money raise.. :)

original.jpg

The sack trolley was a reasonable £23.00 + VAT from the local iron mongers, I must say the wheels alone are worth it, I'm going to contact the manufacturer about supplying wheels only for my next scope buggy now it works so well.. I'll keep you posted. :(

I've bolted a shelf to it for my net-book, I'm going to have another directly under it for a mouse, I cant be doing with the finger pad thingy bob, am sure those who use a laptop for astronomy know what I mean..

I little plastic bucket for tools etc... and away you go..

Roll out the scope, roll out the power supply and net-book, pin the buggy into its polar aligned position with the 3 T-bolts, quick check on the polar aligning (so far its dead on) and away you go...

large.jpg

The power supply is from a leisure battery (£65.00 + VAT) its capable of delivering more than enough joice for 3 sessions however there is a charger above it to trickle juice into it should I need the straps on full heat..

original.jpg

Archived