Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M33

Alan D

Hi Guys

First attempt at M33. I know it is not a great picture but I have always wanted to image this so pleased I even got something :rolleyes: 30x1mins 350d through very light polluted skies Tues night.

I have pushed the processing as far as I can in P/Shop but can`t seem to get rid of the blue tinge (due to LP i presume after running Noels Actions "LP remover") without the image looking even worse. Any comments or help on how I could improve most welcome.

Cheers

Alan

Hmmmm not sure about this one Alan , well done for getting an image up there on that one , but its something i have not seen before ,were the swirls like that on the unprocessed image or did they come after using NOELS ACTIONS, i,m trying to figure out how much of the frame m33 covers ,any chance of the image before process,

Rog

Rog

Original picky before any of Noels actions.

All I have done is stack in DSS. Pulled up the curves to get out some detail and then set the white and black point. On my orignal I then ran Noels L/P and stretched those curves as much as I dare, any further and those swirls just blow out the picky :rolleyes:

Cheers

Alan

Rog

My original subs were all shot in RAW and then after DSS to a Tiff. Not sure how to do this but you are welcome to have a go at the original Tiff. But can you explain how to send this over to you as it is 45.9 MB and I am not up on sending over such a large file. :rolleyes: I may be wrong but is there not a way of uploading to a holding website or something?

Cheers

Alan

Theres some lovely detail hiding behind those swirls, at first I thought I may be a thumb print or other. Lets hope Rog, can work some of his magic and reveal whats hidden...

Caz

Well someone's got a nice regular thumb print :rolleyes:

Andrew

Theres some lovely detail hiding behind those swirls, at first I thought I may be a thumb print or other. Lets hope Rog, can work some of his magic and reveal whats hidden...

Caz

Well someone's got a nice regular thumb print :wink:

Andrew

I did say, 'at first I thought'... :rolleyes::D

Hi Alan you can change it to a png and send it , i have had a look at the image , TBH i personally dont think there is enough data on this one , this is such a faint object even us guys with dedicated ccd have to wait for a real good sky, i think the best way foward for you with DSO work is to get a good filter , this way you will get more of the data u want and not data thats no good, also you will need far longer exposures for the faint stuff , maybe try M81 or M51 which are a bit easier to get , hope this does not put you off ,but do try for a filter CLS

Rog

Cheers Rog I guessed that there was not enough data in there, but I am happy to have got anything as like you say M33 is a difficult target. CLS filter is on my shopping list :rolleyes: as you can see I have an LP problem in my location in Nottingham. No way does it put me off all part of the learning curve. I have got better results on the likes of M42 & M81 etc and I love taking pics of star clusters etc using my 350D. I will go for a dedicated ccd at some point but my wallet is still recovering from getting my EQ6 Synscan of Steve a few weeks ago :wink:.

Thanks for the feedback from you all. I hope to progress as time goes on and we can only do that by help from Forums like this.

Cheers

Alan

Archived