white light in the sky

hello everyone just a quick question every night i see what looks like a very small faint star in the sky and it move slowly across the sky then it is folowed by a couple more all moving at difrent speeds i dont think it is a plane or any thing as cant here engines and cant see flashing light but lookes like it is orbiting the earth any one know what it is

It is easy to tell meteors from satellites. Meteors typically vanish suddenly in just seconds. Satellites move much more slowly, taking 20-30 seconds to cross a typical constellation, and they are visible across a much larger arc of the sky.

Heavensabove.com is a great resource, by the way!

Dan

I was out last night and at about 9.30 'ish saw a white light travelling reasonably quickly from SE to NW passing just above the moon before suddenly disappearing. If it was a meteor, its the first I have ever seen! I had stellarium open on my ipad at the time and it showed no satellite in that area.

there was a couple cam from south to north a couple se to nw and one from west to south and that one was more brighter than other then dissapered i know it isnt a metior as they are over in the blink of an eye most the time i have seen them but hope to see a few of the lyrid metiors thanks for your posts and help i thort they may be satalites but thort would ask.

Archived