Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 Great Cluster in Hercules 2011 (deep)

Tim

Get the Starlight Version Mike, it's more expensive, but worth it :)

The QHY8L would be the top of my budget at the moment :p

Needless to say, I'm loving your M13 image (but not as much as your M1 Crab Nebula!).

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike, if you can wait, we can talk about cameras at Kelling? A mono camera gives you much more flexibility really. I have "wasted" the last two clear nights because of the bright moon, as I am part way through an M81/82 session. If I swapped over to the mono camera I could be getting on with a Ha or S2 project while the moon shines.

Mike, if you can wait, we can talk about cameras at Kelling? A mono camera gives you much more flexibility really. I have "wasted" the last two clear nights because of the bright moon, as I am part way through an M81/82 session. If I swapped over to the mono camera I could be getting on with a Ha or S2 project while the moon shines.

Hey Tim,

Five months? Not sure I can wait that long, (nor do I have the budget for a new mono setup).

Having said that, you've done a sterling job with your M13 and others like Kev/BeyondVision has managed a terrific M31 both using the QHY8. Didn't SteveL use to use a QHY8 for his narrowband images too?

Getting temperature matched dark frames is tricky on these warmer spring nights.

Best,

Mike

Archived