NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Selling advise (and rules)

Hi all,

Well unfortunately the time has come and I have to give up this hobby my son is taking more and more of my time (don't mind at all) and work is taking up the rest of my time (This I do mind ) So I am forced to sell all my astro gear.

I am thinking of putting it all on eBay and I know the selling guide say's the following:

Please do not post links for sale items to other classifieds or Ebay. We ask that you post a full ad here, not just a link or reference.
So my question is would it be against the rules to post my advert on eBay and list the add on here so people (if they want to) can go to the add and bid?

PS Check out my Album "My Kit" to see all the bits I am going to be selling

Thanks

What you've quoted is saying that we would like you to post a full ad here, including asking prices. You can mention that it is on Ebay but you can't link to your auctions. FWIW, if you were going to do that then if I was you, mention on your Ebay auction that you've also advertised this elsewhere so the auction could be pulled at any time.

HTH

Tony..

If you list the add on here it would be good form to state a price that you would accept for the item. You can put "ono" and accept an offer via pm.

The idea is to give other SGL members a chance to pick up a bargain before advertising it elsewhere - which is also good form.

As the Selling Guide" says - please do not advertise on ebay at the same time. It's not good form to do that.

If your items don't sell here then I suggest you withdraw them by stating so in the sale thread before advertising elsewhere thanks :D

FWIW, if you were going to do that then if I was you, mention on your Ebay auction that you've also advertised this elsewhere so the auction could be pulled at any time. Tony..

eBay now has a policy of cancelling listings that mention an item is also for sale elsewhere. That is if they bother to check the listing of course. :D

John

you know what I am going to list it here first and not on ebay. I have no idea of pricing so I will put it up at what I think is reasonable and let people offer. After all everyone on here as been so helpful to me over the past year or so. Now to list everything.

If you'd like some help pricing stuff up then first port of call is current retail prices on the net. Depending on age and condition you should be able to recover around 60% to 80% for stuff in good nick.

Failing that - if still stuck then you can send a pm to a friend on here asking for an estimate. If still no joy then I'd be happy to look at one or two items for you and I'm sure most mods/admins would help too.

Just don't pm the whole lot to one person lol :D

Archived