NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

setting up

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have done that today just put the it all out assembled it to face north but my ota is facing east all i want to know is when i go to align the ots with polaris this will move every thing will this matter or should i do 3 star alignment without finding polairs in the ota

I haven't got the synscan, i've got the heq5 syntrek, but also have a 200p on it.....I don't know anything about the 3 star align you was talking about.....so i'm not sure why your ota is facing East if your mount is facing north :/ ....how have you set it to north, compass? because I can't see polaris from here, still to light!

Ok this is a bit like 20 questions. People are trying to help you here and frankly you're not giving us much information to go on.

Do you have a picture of how you're set up please so we can indicate if anything is wrong?

You need to put some work into this and not just expect to demand an answer with little or no information forthcoming. :D

The home postion for the mount/telescope is telescope pointing to the North Celestial Pole, counterweight pointing downwards, RA axis pointing to the NCP. front leg of the mount pointing North. The latitude scale on the left side of the mount should be set to 53 degrees for Liverpool.

Adjust the latitude axis before putting the scope on the mount, this reduces the load on the front and rear latitude bolts. Look through the polefinder scope and rotate the mount's RA axis so that the two asterisms of Casseopia and Ursa Major are in the same relative positions as they are in the sky. Adjust the latitude and azimuth bolts to postion Polaris in the small circle of the reticle, loosen one bolt before tightening the opposite one so that they do not bend.

Add the counterweights and telescope to the mount and balance the telescope. Set the telescope to it's home position and power up the mount. Put the required info into the handset, date (mm/dd/yyyy}), time (24 hrs format) time zone (0.000), daylight savings (yes), coordinates.

Choose your alignment method (1,2 or 3 star) and then select a suitable star that you know from the list on the handset and then allow the telescope to slew around to the star, it won't place the star in the eyepice centre so you will then need to adjust the telescope using the four direction buttons on the mount, then press enter to accept the alignment of the star.

If you selected a 2 or three star alignment you then have to repeat the proceedure again for the next star. If you get a message saying alignment successful you can then start enjoying your new mount. If not you need to repeat the alignment routine.

If you don't have one it is a good idea to download the Synscan manual from here

Peter

dont have a ploar scope im just off a fraction and its because i just cant get it in the fov

If you follow the video it will make more sense to you. On the back of the mount, unscrew the white cap on the back, your polar scope is there......you need to watch the vids and follow the instructions given though.

Edit, and remove the black cap on the front too..

Archived