Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saw my 1st Galaxy last night! WOW!!

Mr Noble

Finally got round to taking the CPC8 out for a spin last night. (Only used it in the back garden 3 or 4 times and have loads of light pollution here in town)

Drove out of Cambridge to a dark field with hard standing away from the main road and got set up. Super simple 3 star alignment and went straight to Saturn which was amazing as ever!

Then popped in M82 not even knowing what it was and bing! Straight up 90 degrees in the air which I guess is why it was so clear, but I could even see the central dust lanes. Amazing!!

Loving my new WO 7mm-22.5mm EP too, makes viewing so simple. :rolleyes:

Then I knocked the power lead and it all went off :D

Sounds like you had fun!

The difference that the dark skies bring is mad, isn't it!

10 of us went to the countryside last night as it was supposed to be clear... it was hazy as... we set up then waited chatting and then decided to pack up and go home... Well that's the way it is - a hit and miss.

Good luck :D

Brilliant - and congrats Noble :D

If you'd had a low power wide angle eye piece you would have seen M81 as well in the same field of view - they're a popular pair cos one is face on and the other's side on. They're commonly known as Bodes galaxy and the Cigar galaxy - you'd see them in something like a 30mm-40mm super wide or ultra wide ep :rolleyes:

Archived