Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pixinsight - DBE Problem

Hi guys, I have a problem everytime I used Dynamic backgound Extraction in Pixinsight. Every image that I want to correct vignetting problems I always get red crosses on the problem areas when I'm selecting samples.

5597762460_76c5c257f1_o.png

DBE Problem by ashworthacca, on Flickr

This happens all the time and DBE just wont work. I've tried changing the tolerences etc but I'm not really sure what I'm doing.

Can anyone give me any pointers as I'm using GradientXterminator in PS to sort out vignetting problems but I like to use Pix to compare.

in Model parameters (1) increase the Tolerance value from 0.5 > 0.9 . as the number is increased more crosses will be used. Just increase the number and then press Generate again to see the effect of the value change.

This is covered in Harry Pages tutorial videos :icon_eek:

in Model parameters (1) increase the Tolerance value from 0.5 > 0.9 . as the number is increased more crosses will be used. Just increase the number and then press Generate again to see the effect of the value change.

This is covered in Harry Pages tutorial videos :rolleyes:

Tried that already,

5597856390_a7996d7672_o.png

DBE Problem 1 by ashworthacca, on Flickr

Its strange that it happens every time I try and use it on any image with some vignetting.:icon_eek:

lower the Minimum sample weight down to 0.150 and generate?

The tolerance and minimum sample weight seems to work with most of my images with vignetting

Thanks Kev, I have just finally got it to work but had to increase the tolerance up to 5.5 although the results are excellent. For some reason I didn't think you could increase the tolerance above 1:confused:

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.:icon_eek:

Regards

Archived