Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn 6 April 2011

Jarvo

Hello,

Still waiting for my Neximage camera. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, noticed the skies were [sort of] clear tonight so took the Mak out to see if I could do anything with one of the makeshift webcams I made.

Essentially, everything conspired against me including (but not an exhaustive list):

• Poor seeing
  • 1st webcam doing weird things
  • Had to swap the webcam with my original experiment (but not before having to find a screwdriver and do some screwing around)
  • Saturn very low
  • Close to the roof (thermals)
  • Bad focus
  • Only got a one minute .avi file before the laptop battery died.

If anything, for you budding Planetary imagers, please use this thread as an example of what to avoid when you are planning your evenings project.

That said, apart from the challenges it was nice to get back out in the garden with the 'scope... though I would recommend some forward planning if possible. :icon_eek:

Technical details on the image. Processed on Registax (overly so in my opinion) and tweaked in Photoshop. Limited to 500/1800 images. Going to do a bit of work to see if I can tease any more details out but as mentioned the focus and seeing was awful.:D

Can't wait to get the new camera.

Enjoy.

Jarvo

post-14696-133877558505_thumb.jpg

Archived