Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Excited for scopes first holiday!

Had my scope two months now and not been any further with it than the garden.

This weekend though we are off to the Lakes and it's supposed to be clear so along comes my Sky Watcher 130p.

I'm looking for travel advice really. Best ways to safely transport it.

The missus is driving so none of us may get there but still ;-)

Empty suitcases on to back seat & stir up clothes to make a nice "nest". Put scope in clothing nest, and use seat belt (for scope).

Simples :rolleyes:

Hope you get some clear skies in the Lakes! The trouble with these mountainous areas is just how fast the clouds can brew up - ask me how I know this :icon_eek:

The trouble with these mountainous areas is just how fast the clouds can brew up - ask me how I know this :icon_eek:

Well, thanks for that. I'm in your neck of the woods next week for my scope's second holiday. Mind you, I'm hedging my bets by bringing along my new solar filter. Might get 10mins in here or there...:rolleyes:

As for the OP, if you've still got the original packing case the scope came in use that. Worked OK for my scope's first few journeys, but cardboard wont last forever. Bank on investing in proper cases for your kit if journeys become regular.

Archived