Telescope Retailers

Hi new too website, just starting out with this new and exciting hobby, at the moment im looking into buying a telescope and im split between a skywatcher skyliner 200p or skywatcher explorer 150p eq3-2. As at the moment im still unsure where i intend to go with this. I would also like too view these both before i spend a good sum of money. Im just wondering if anybody knows of any retailers around the wirral, liverpool, chester region? Thanks in advance

hi and welcome,

I've got the sw150pl which is 450mm longer than the 150p. although the magnification is the same the focal legnth is different resulting in different amount of light gathering. Either of these scopes are ok for transporting and imaging but if you've got a budget and can afford a bigger apperture then personally i would as the 200mm isn' that much bigger but will ultimately be better. The mount and tripod with the 150p are very good quality.

Well, as of yet im not in the biggest rush too go out and get the first thing that comes too me, im willing too wait for quality, and for a first foray would be willing too strech too maybe £350 purely for the scope and mount, would then over the months collect EPs and other accessories. The only thing that bothers me with the DoBs is i risk not bein able too get into astrophotography, but again that if i decide too take that route, at the moment im looking more for visual and thats why i keep thinking of the DoB because i do get the visuals for the price! i think thats how it works lol, still gettin used too all this Lingo its quite a steep learning curve and thats just the buying stages. Sky-Watcher Explorer 200P EQ5 Newtonian i do like the sound an look of this though and have seen it for £395 plus id be safeguarding the fact i could eventually get into imaging

Remember that if you do go down the dob route you can always mount the OTA on an EQ mount later on if you want to do some astrophotography. That is if you get a solid tube dob as the Flextubes aren't suitable for EQ mounting.

John

If you get the 200p on an eq5 you are going to need a new mount for imaging as its really at the top of its weight for that ota in which case get the dob and put the money saved towards saving for an eq6

Archived