Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SkyWatcher Polar scope..

Afternoon, i received my Skywatcher Polarscope for the EQ3-2 mount the other day, just got around to opening the box and to be honest im abit lost!

How do i install the Polar scope? ive had a quick search on google but couldnt find a guide with pictures (i like instructions with pictures :))

Thanks

Jay:D

I was stuck with that as well. I did a search on google and came up with a muppet on Sky at Night mag forum telling someone else to dismantle the whole assembly to fit it up the tube and discard the scale section from the polar scope. i nearly did it until I knocked the bit you remove from the mount loose.

have you got to grips with Poalr aligning Parus? The whole setting circles on the mount seems really cheap to me and dosnt seem to be built right... it all seems loose, but what would i know!

Also how tight have you screwed the polar scope in?

Thanks

Jay

Well I never got the setting the date and time of the Polaris transit done right but I guesstimate the position from Stellarium. Just remember that the image in the polarscope is upsides down so Polaris being at "11 o'clock" on stellarium means you turn the RA so it's at 7 o'clock.

In terms of tightness I screwed it in all the way and hand tight since the thing turns with the mount.

Polar alignment with this mount doesn't have to be perfect, doing it 'near as dammit' as above has me turning the RA slow motion knob and finding the object just off the top or bottom after leaving the scope for about twenty minutes which isn't bad considering the slop I put into the polar prep. If you centre the polar scope and have the transit time set then it will be pretty much perfect but I don't have motors, I don't really image so I'm happy with it.

Don't they slot through the hole ? I've got the same mount and will get one myself soon. you might have to unscrew the counterweight bar a few turns maybe. I don't honestly know but i'm gonna look now cos i'm curious.

Adamski

Archived