NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn tonight 03.02.07 180 Skywatcher Mak

DaveGibbons

Didn't Saturn and the moon look fantastic tonight! I took a couple of shots with the 180mak and webcam really surprised they came out so well despite the lunar glare and very thick mist/fog - this did affect the second image here tending to wash out colour.

This was taken at F15 no barlow.

image.jpg

This is taken at F30 using tal 2x barlow . Taken through thick mist and it shows with a much dimmer image, although it has a fair amount of detail it's also a bit washed out by moonlight.

image.jpg

Cheers

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

It's been months since I've been able to set up my scope and do any imaging since I've moved across the USA. So, I've had a play with your larger Saturn image. Here's my go at it... It was fun, but maybe not better..Lol.

Doug Neal

Doug , play round all you like ! It actually made me revisit the AVI and try and get a little more detail out. It's a pity it was shot through thick

mist/fog as it would have been a great image, hence the lack of colour and brightness. I don't like to process too much as you end up with detail that doesn't really exist so I've just stacked a few of the lesser quality frames to boost up the total and increased the contrast and brightness a bit.

Saturn @f30 skywatcher 180 mak

image.jpg

Cheers

Dave

Archived