Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sharpcap qusstion

jayjt29

Hi just a quick question, I've done a quick google but couldn't find the answer although I am on my mobile.

When capturing an image, should the preview screen go black? The images capture ok but I can't see the object I'm filming to keep it manually tracked. This should only be an issue if that's the case till my duel motors arrive.

Thanks in advance

Jay

It should be fine as long as you turn the gain up to about 35+ and have your exposure high enough. Gamma and the other musts can go around the middle. Refinements can be made later but that should get things visible.

Thanks for the reply, I see the image of what I intend to record, but when I start the capture the image goes black so I can't see the object to try and manually keep it centered, it captures just fine but I don't see the image when it's capturing if that makes sense.

Thanks again

Jay

The simple answer is, no it should not go black. You should be able to see the image throughout your capture.

I have noticed that the preview display does go black when capturing if I have the reticule enabled on the preview display. Turning off the reticule fixes it though.

Cheers,

Chris

Archived