Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Manual tracking?

jayjt29

Hi, just had my first go at capturing Saturn with my 150p and spc900. All went well when I managed to find Saturn using the cam and software (sharpcap).

I managed a good 10 avi's each only 6 to 7 seconds long, as the planet passed the field of view that quick.

I didn't even try to manually track her to keep her centred as there seemed to be 'alot' of movement when using the tracking controllers, any tips on how to do it? Even with the slightest of twists on the controls Saturn moved all over! I did notice that I was on my decking which may cause added vibration.

All help and tips welcome, as I was planning to use registax to get a still from the footage, will have to wait till next time now.

Thanks Jay :D

Maybe start with the easiest stuff such as cutting the the exposure times down a wee bit and getting off that decking! Half the fun is experimenting/learning. How accurate is the tracking set-up?

Don't be shy to post a pic or two when you've played with Registax!

Archived