Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First time = Total failure

It may well be that there is a loose connection in the mount that is leading to the Dec motors error. As you got it from eBay you will have no comeback and so it may be that at the end of the day it is worth taking the mount apart to look for a loose wire or something. Look online and see if there are any guides to doing this. When I had a fault with my mount I found all sorts of forum threads and webpages explaining how to diagnose and fix errors.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi WolfsPride,

The main thing now is to get it fixed, and move on from there. I-Optron is a good company, so hopefully, they will take care of you even if the supplier doesn't.

Beyond contacting the local club, something else you may consider - contact a local dealer (yeah, a real brick-n-mortar one! :D ). Ask them if they would, for a reasonable fee, set up your scope and check it out. I'm betting they would be willing, provided you made your apologies for your e-bay foul up, be perfectly happy to help you out. (the real money they make is in accessories anyway, they really do want your business!)

I used to sell scopes once upon a time, and we (the sales guys) did this all the time.

Me: "What's all this, then?"

Customer with lots o' boxes and disassembled bits: "I just got this from e-bay... HELP!"

Me: "Assembly is free when you buy your scope here..."

Cust: "Please! I have my firstborn in the car! Anything!"

Me: "Ok, I'll do it for $20 - but you really are going to need another eyepiece and a moon filter you know, those e-bay fellows never tell you that!"

Cust: (inaudable mumbling and smacking noises from kissing ankles)

Me: "Stop that! Let's get this done before the boss comes back!"

:)

Dan

Hi,

you can remove the rear cover plate but you shouldn't have to, this is only done to help cooling of the primary mirror or for maybe a dew guard, or heater, whatever you call em. focussing can be a very sensitive process.

good luck with all,

Adamski

Archived