Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

web cam to s video to usb

ponytale

Hi all, i have a lx modded spc880/900 web cam and i also have a laptop without serial/parrallel ports , i also have a easy cap video capture device with s video and or the yellow cbvs video jack and usb out , is it possible to output the webcam leads to an s/video/cvbs connector instead of serial/parallel and control LX via that rather than a serial to usb lead ? looking forward to any responses/feedback Tony

ps see attached image

mods please move if in wrong place. Tony

post-18854-133877550028_thumb.gif

I don't think that's possible. The capture card is designed to convert an analogue signal from a video source (vcr, video camera etc) into a digital signal. The webcam is a digital device which plugs into a usb port. I think you need a parallel/serial to usb convertor such as this one Link to trigger the lx switch.

Peter

Peter is correct, the output from the camera is in data packets and not analogue so you can't capture video in the same way as from a camcorder. To control the LX mod you need a usb to serial converter, and then you can use the USB ports on your computer

Archived