NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Given the Choice (eyepieces)

Hi All

I am looking to trim my eyepieces to make space for a 24mm Panoptic (thanks for all your previous advice)

I have :- 40 mm Meade 4000

32 mm Celestron Plossl

25 mm Celestron Elux Plossl

Now given my 2 scopes, William Optics Zs66 and Celestron C8.Which if any would you lose to make way for the Panoptic ???

Many thanks

None if I could help it the more choice you have the better the chance you have of having just the right eyepiece for a particular situation. I say keep them all for a while and if you find you don't use a particular eyepiece then pass it on. Its better to have an eyepiece that you don't use than wish you had a particular eyepiece whenyou could do with it. It's not as if storing them needs a lot of space :wink::rolleyes:

The 24mm Panoptic is special, to put it mildly. 

Part of what makes it so special is that it offers the widest FOV possible from a 1.25" eyepiece. Pentax are the equal of Televue, except that they don't offer a 24mm!

get rid of all of them! the panoptic has the same FOV and more magnification than the 32 and the 40. Unless the 40 is a 2" in which case it might be worth keeping. The panoptic has the same magnification as the 25mm but a much wider FOV

What Gordon said! Might keep the 40 if the FOV is a little bigger (do the math.) :rolleyes:

Oh! You might want to keep the 40 around for nights when the Panoptic fogs up. I was talking to my friend with the Pentaxes today, and he kept the Plossls that came with his Skywatcher for just that purpose.

Archived