Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ5 and 200mm Newtonian (f6) for Imaging

FairviewSteve

Hi all, I have a quick question. I have recently bought an EQ5 mount to go with my 200mm Newtonian with a goal length of f6 but have not put them together yet. initially I'll just be using it for observing as it's the manual mount but in future I'd like go upgrade to goto and do some imaging.

I've heard that there can be some vibration issues with this larger scope on the EQ5, is this true and will this destroy my chances of and imaging? I intend to use a webcam to start with instead of DSLR, as this is lighter and cheaper.

Any help will be appreciated, imaging is in the future, I'm sure I'll still get some great observing done with this setup.

With webcam images (1/10th of a second or quicker) the vibrations won't be much of an issue I suspect. It may make long exposure astrophotography difficult and frustrating - though I suspect that it won't be impossible, particuarly on a still evening.

Archived