Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

whats the best...........

whats the best and cheapest way to get colour of nebuals and planets through a telescope... i heard you can obtain beautyful images with a cheap option which is a web cam... so which webcam should i get?

im on a budget of £30.

thank you fro your answers and clear skies:icon_salut:

You won't get anything of nebulas with a webcam unless you have it modified for long exposure and that's expensive (£100+). You can do it yourself if you are comfortable with electrical circuits and a soldering iron.

Webcams are best used on planets - you can get some nice shots with the Phillips SPC900NC or SPC880 (flashed). But for dso's youre better using a dslr or proper astro ccd camera. You won't get any of that in a £30 budget. I'd suggest a start in "planetary imaging" with with the Phillips (unmodified) webcam:

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?ProductID=6313&Category

:hello2:

You won't get anything of nebulas with a webcam unless you have it modified for long exposure and that's expensive (£100+). You can do it yourself if you are comfortable with electrical circuits and a soldering iron.

Webcams are best used on planets - you can get some nice shots with the Phillips SPC900NC or SPC880 (flashed). But for dso's youre better using a dslr or proper astro ccd camera. You won't get any of that in a £30 budget. I'd suggest a start in "planetary imaging" with with the Phillips (unmodified) webcam:

Cheap Philips SPC880 webcam - 49269 - discounts & offers

:hello2:

hey, but would i get a better veiw of orion nebula? plz answer... i want to buy one off ebay

I'm not an imager but have been around a while and I would say an unmodded camera will give you an image of M42 but only because it's pretty bright compared to galaxies etc.

But in my opinion the image will be OK but nothing brilliant. Objects like nebulas and galaxies really do need a modded webcam or better still a dslr or ccd camera.

But then for £30 just buy it and test it yourself, you can always use it for Lunar and planets.

Archived