Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon 19/3/11

MrsR

Well on my way to a astro meet (that didn't happen - another story) I turned to my left and saw what I could only describe as a rising sun! I screamed to my friend driving "OMG its the sun"!

It really did look like the sun rising back up - huge and red and just so menacing but oh so beautiful.

Whilst driving we kept an eye on it and as it got higher and higher the colour faded but it was still so beautiful.

I know so many people witnessed it tonight but it really felt like you were seeing something special that only a few people would experience.

I texted all my friends to look at the moon and some of them just didn't quite get what they were seeing but maybe in time they will realise.

Tonight I saw something extra special and that I will keep with me forever :)

I agree completely. I've grabbed some AVI's through my webcam and also some afocal shoots through my mobile. I know some people go on about how you can't really see the difference but that's not the point. I even grabbed my 5 yr old and 4yr old to come out and have a look!

As you said Mrs R, it was quite amazing to witness the moon tonight.

Oh wow how wonderful that your children got to see it - they might not understand it now but in years to come to you can tell them that you showed it to them - how special.

Archived