Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

help needed please

star_chaser

hello had my first real go at imaging the moon last night. after a few problems 1 being my motor drive is back to front was tracking in southern hemi. anyway i have recently collimated my scope(may be the problem) and was looking at thew moon with my new revelation ep's. but didnt see that much of a difference if anything not as good.(as the ones that came with the scope) tho seeing was not that great last night and my pic was not as good as when i used no md and before collimation.(this is my first real go)

so im gonna add the pic can anyone help see where i can improve. also i forgot to do a star test i got carried away with the clear skies and will do this tonight

thanks star

tho it might win bad pic of the week :)

[edit] looks better on here than my pc . but please any tips would be greatly appreciated as it was 4 weeks planning for last night due to clouds. and it was a damp night and i live in central london this might be an affect also

ps how do i add my scope to my sig thanks. was celestron 130eq

post-22266-133877548177_thumb.jpg

Hi star_chaser, I am not familier with your scope but think you may need to check the menu, it should be tracking in the northern hemisphere rather than southern.

As for your ep's, well as you say collimation may have made things a bit worse but as I have never done it, sct's hold it much better than some type's, I cannot comment.

To change your signature details

go to control panel

look on the left hand side

scroll down to you see edit signature

hope that may help

thanks

i had rough polar alignment the moon was drifting to the bottom of the view and slightly left on monitor when i fired up the md. she the moon kept drifting the same way so i sped up the md and the moon started to move faster .(on the screen) so i checked the md and it was in the N position so i flicked to S and started to track sort off at least it was going in the right direction.

my plan was to by trial and error get it tracking by making small adjustments here and there as i cannot see polaris from here :)

star

:)

just to add this was my first time using md and second imaging

one more question my latitude is 51.5371 say my latitude scale was set to 55.555 (assuming it was correct) what would the effect be when tracking i.e would it go off to the left if the latitude scale was to low would it goto the right ?. this was how i going to try and figure it out then i can mark the stand/mount and a little spray paint on the floor job done

thanks star

{edit} sry for so many questions but it looks like being clear tonight again . i wish i had remembered to do a star test i even was trying to track for 15-20 mins without doing up the thumb screw thingy.the trouble with this hobby in this country is the chances to practice are few and far between

thanks tibbs.

thinking about it i dont think i changed the camera settings to 10 fps. yea just checked in camera properties frame rate was at 30 fps while sharpcap was at 10 fps would this make a diffrence?

just realized you can save settings

star

Archived