NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help with SynScan eq5

hi

Iam having a lot of problems aligning my goto every time i try it goes way past the target and aims at the floor I then manualy align it then chose second star the same happens it aims to low, I then try the moon nice target but still to low. I think im going mad

Things to check

1 The date format should be mm/dd/yyyy

2. Longitude and latitude set correctly. For Northampton input the numbers in this order and format : 000 52 W, 52 15 N

3 Time format is 24hr

4 Start in the "home" position, telescope pointing at NCP and counterweight bar pointing straight down.

Peter

Just trid all above and still no good I am using a 12v power pack direct from mains. it looks like it going to work but then just carries on by, I have trid resetting on the moon by pressing the ese key but still every time I try to find something its to points to low.

I has just checked back through your old threads. You mentioned that the mount is a Synscan upgrade. Check that you have all new gears correctly assembled. If they are put on in the wrong order the gear ratios will be out and the mount will not slew the correct amount. There are some old threads about the same issue.

Peter

Try this - follow it carefully ....

1. Switch off and manually put the mount in the home position as Peter described in his point 4 ie loosen clutches and move it.
  2. Switch on and enter the date, time etc.
  3. Do a go to to something.
  4. When it gets there, do a PARK.
  5. When the mount has parked, switch off and if it is not in the correct parked position, undo the clutches and move it to the parked position.
  6. Switch on, enter the date, time etc again and do a go to. This time it should get reasonably close and you can centre the star / object and then synchronise.
  7. When you finish ALWAYS PARK and then switch off. When you start, ALWAYS START FROM A PARKED POSITION.

Hope that works for you.

Mike

Just checked my power supply its a Maplins 5000ma I set it to 12v and that gives me 5 Amps is this to much

No that power supply should be fine, the mount will only draw the current that it needs, I guess now that we can rule out a power supply issue.

As mentioned above, if its an upgrade please make sure the gears etc are all assembled correctly.

Gary

Archived