Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hartridge Spectroscope

You probably know this already ( you are the man ) but there is a thread running here GemologyOnline.com • View topic - Hartridge Reversion Spectroscope on Ebay on the bit of kit you are querying . There is an IOP (Instititute of Physics) PDF on it but I am currently not in close touch with an IOP friend !:) who could help me out . Google searches on R H Beck , Ealing Beck and Bellingham & Stanley ( who apparently made an earlier version ) with the additional spectroscope parameter may help . Mmmmm Belliningham & Stanley - I once broke the prism on one of their refractometers with a raspberry seed when checking sugar solids by refractometry. A learning curve experience passed on to later lab trainees to avoid them making the same expensive error !

Merlin - I've sent you a separate email off-forum, but it looks as though I have an identical item, made by Beck, which I've just tried out for the first time. I can send some pics of the spectroscope if you like.

Chris

Archived