Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First go at astro photos with cannon 300d

todd8137

hi all had a great night out last night got a few pics a say a few about 300 all in all,well it started with a few day shots of the moon just to get the focus right ect and to test some day time settings worked well.a took a few moreof the moon as it got dark then decided to have a go at pleaides got a few not brill but its a start,a now no and recorded down the settings for next time m42 was the next one a got about 100 shots of this more than 4 secs with no goto is a pain.the baterries were dead from the night befor ,a must get a power tank of some sorts soon.well i put them on photo bucket and a hope ypou do not mind take in a look and maybe give in me some pointers on how to improve the obivous bein get in the goto on the meade go in would help i am not that good a no and once the power tank gets here from flo things should get better a hope because then a can use the goto,with the 300d.and may be use deep sky staker i have no photo shop either any one no of a free programe that will let me do ehat that does or should a buy it

http://s473.photobucket.com/albums/r...0d%2012%20dob/

theres the link and thanks for reading and take in and take in a look at the pics thanks pat comments are welcomed here

UPDATE

What a forgot to mention was a few things these were all single shots ,of about 3 seconds and were j pegs not raw images they were shot through the 12 " reflector as the batteries were dead on the meade i really do need a book on the matter and some time to master this and some clear skiesthe power tank from Flo came yesterday so the meade 90 mm wil get a try at some long shots ive downloaded deep sky stacker just and will read all i can about this but for my first go am happy because be a novice to dslr cameras and astro photos in general it was not a bad go and me and my daughter were happy with are slightly dark and noisey pics lol thanks all

Some nice shots there. Really like the moon shots.

The key with astrophotography, for me, is being able to track your object through its apparent motions across the sky. Once you can do this you can then really start to fly. To do this you need a mount which has a clock drive or can offer sidereal rate motion.

hi billy we do have a meade 90mm that assudreal and can track the motion the skywatcher power tank only came today so the clouds will be here for days now when you say up date the software the camera its self or the software on the pc ?how do i update the camera its self ?

hi billy we do have a meade 90mm that assudreal and can track the motion the skywatcher power tank only came today so the clouds will be here for days now when you say up date the software the camera its self or the software on the pc ?how do i update the camera its self ?

Nice first images Todd...

GIMP is a free image manipulation program.... but it's still waiitng for 16 bit support...

Have you installed and then updated all the software for the canon camera...

Billy...

billy the firmware is 1.1.1 i do not no about how to hack the firm ware so will leave it alone not sure what a would gain or not gain

billy there was no disk with the camera when it came i do not have none of the software just the drivers on the cannon website you can not down load the sofware from what a can see just the updaters

cheers pat

I just got a 350d and downloaded the updaters assuming it was the software and just named oddly. Does anyone know if this is the case or not? Will I need the original software. I'll check when I get the chance and update this with the outcome if no one has posted to say otherwise.

yes its the sofware and i updated the soft ware with all the updaters of there web sites works well crashs a few times but lets ya contol the cameras settings if you do not have a remote (i do) pluss ya can schange the ido ect from the pc but wjat i can not do is see the image on the screen which i would like to but a think a need the video out cable and other software

Archived