Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lack of focus using eyepiece projection and Baader zoom

Had my first chance to give my Baader clickstop zoom a quick go last night. Just using it as an eyepiece all fine, good sharp image.

Next I connected my DSLR directly to the eyepiece with all the correct rings etc and thought I’d give the moon a quick go. At the lowest mag all was fine and dandy, well except for my photographic inabilities, but as soon as I increase the mag I just couldn’t get anything in focus, I was using live view btw. It’s not that it was just a bit out but completely out just a bid white blur.

Any ideas as to a cure greatly accepted.

Thanks

Neil

I'm thinking that the cameras' sensor is just outside the focal range of the scope, if you can't move it closer then I don't think there's a fix. Is there no way you could use the camera with it's own 1.25" mount and not have the Baader on at the same time?

Thanks Steep.

Yes, I can use it without the Baader and have done so, but in my quest to try out all the different techniques, so far afocal, prime focus and web cams, I wanted to give eyepiece projection a quick go. It all sounds so easy! I'll take another trawl The Lounge and the net when I get the chance, if some thing comes up all well and good, if not nothing lost.

Cheers

Neil

Archived